The Indonesian State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Ministry is looking for people with a medical background and members of the general public to serve as volunteers to help the government in mitigating the impacts of COVID-19.”Be a part of COVID-19 mitigation efforts in the country,” the ministry said in its online poster circulating on Thursday.The ministry is particularly looking for citizens under 36 years old who are healthy and ready to commit to handling “the national calamity”. The SOE Ministry published a link to an online form for those who are interested in registering. As of 6 p.m. on Thursday, however, the form no longer accepted responses.Based on the Health Ministry’s data, Indonesia has reported new coronavirus cases every day since the country confirmed its first two cases earlier this month.The government announced 82 new cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of infected people to 309. The disease has claimed at least 25 lives in the country so far.Read also: Indonesia records spike in COVID-19 deaths after days of central govt data confusionIndonesia is scrambling to contain the deadly disease as most hospitals appear to be not ready. A source who requested anonymity told The Jakarta Post last week that out of 132 hospitals designated as referral facilities “only 49 hospitals are really ready” for COVID-19, while the other 83 were in the “preparation stage”.The SOE Ministry has planned to transform the Patra Comfort Hotel in Central Jakarta, which is owned by state-owned energy company Pertamina, into an isolation ward for suspected COVID-19 patients amid the hospital backlog.It is also preparing two apartment towers in Wisma Atlet Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, to isolate coronavirus patients.Topics : Registered volunteers will be trained by the Indonesia Healthcare Corporation before carrying out their duties. In addition to that, they will also be equipped with protective gear and be given health insurance while volunteering.Read also: Experts say sports ministry’s COVID-19 protocol too little too lateThey will be assigned to handle logistical and operational affairs in preparing alternative facilities for COVID-19 patients should the existing referral hospitals no longer accommodate the influx of patients.”Each of the volunteers is going to get a certificate of merit from the government by the end of the mission,” the ministry said.
Sweden’s daily tally of new COVID-19 cases fell to its lowest since late May on Tuesday, a sharp reversal from June when expanded testing fuelled record numbers in a country that drew global attention for its rejection of a lockdown.Cases in the Nordic country have declined sharply over the past few days and on Tuesday only 283 new cases were recorded.That contrasts with a torrid month of June when daily numbers ran as high as 1,800, eclipsing rates across much of Europe, even as deaths and hospitalizations continued to decline from peaks in April. Sweden was slow to ramp up testing for any but the seriously ill and healthcare workers, but weekly numbers for tests have more than doubled since late may, putting the country in the same bracket as extensively testing nations such as Germany.Health Agency Director General Johan Carlson said the slow expansion of testing had left the country with a “testing debt” that produced a surge in cases when thousands with mostly mild symptoms rushed to get the tests suddenly available to them.”In all likelihood, this was a mountain that we needed to dig away at,” he told a news conference.Against the backdrop of a surge in new confirmed cases through much of June, many countries, including Nordic neighbors, kept borders closed to Swedish travellers, a situation the sharp decline might begin to alter, Carlson said. “We are beginning to approach levels that other countries find acceptable,” he said.The country adopted a softer approach to fighting the new coronavirus, spurning a hard lockdown and keeping most schools and business open throughout the outbreak while urging the population to maintain social distancing and other precautions.The death toll relative to the size of the population has been many times higher than those of its Nordic neighbors, where authorities took a stricter approach, but lower than in some countries that locked down, such as Britain and Italy.Sweden’s COVID-19 death rate has gradually fallen from peaks well above 100 a day in April.Health Agency data showed 14 new COVID-19 deaths were recorded on Tuesday, bringing the total to 5,447, more than half of which have occurred at nursing homes and among the elderly receiving home care services. Topics :
Swedish pension funds AP1, AP3 and Folksam have joined forces with Borealis Infrastructure to buy electricity distribution networks in Sweden from energy company Fortum for SEK60.6bn (€6.6bn).The three funds formed a consortium to buy Fortum Distribution, as the energy firm sealed the deal as the conclusion of its divestment of all the electricity distribution business it owned.Kerstin Hessius, chief executive at state buffer fund AP3, said: “This infrastructure investment is an excellent fit for the AP3 portfolio.”The fund had been working on the deal for more than 18 months, she said. “As a large pension fund with a long-term investment horizon, AP3 and our consortium partners provide a fitting owner for the electricity grid,” Hessius said.Last month, AP1 heralded a shift towards this type of investment, saying its organisation was getting set for investments in different types of infrastructure.Johan Magnusson, chief executive at AP1, said: “Infrastructure is an important component in our long-term portfolio.”He said the investment was a high-quality one that would benefit the pension fund’s portfolio and therefore the Swedish pension system for a long time to come.Fortum Distribution is the second-largest electricity distributor in Sweden, providing 906,000 customers with electricity and having a market share of around 17%, the consortium parties said.The funds said they would be long-term and stable owners and continue developing the grid to ensure good, reliable electricity distribution for customers.The consortium consists of Borealis Infrastructure with 50% ownership, AP3 with 20%, Folksam and subsidiaries with 17.5% and AP1 with 12.5%.Borealis has put together and managed infrastructure investments on behalf of the CAD72bn (€53.2bn) Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System.The deal is expected to be completed in the second quarter of this year, subject to regulatory approval.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo. GMA PHOTO Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelodid not specify when the visit will push through but said that the President willsurely be in Boracay Island to promote it to tourists. Tourism Secretary Berna Romulo-Puyat, meanwhile, earlier said that the purpose of the Chief Executive’ visit to Boracay Island was to lift the public’s mood to travel around the country. Duterte will also inspect what has been done on the island since it was rehabilitated two years ago. Duterte was to distribute 2, 795.8351hectares of new lands around this region to some 3,273 beneficiaries, most ofwhom are farmers. In November 2018, he led the initial distribution of six Certificates of Land Ownership Awards to 44 members of Aklan’s indigenous people (IP). The new IP landowners received a total of 3.2064 hectares of agricultural land./PN “The visit of the President to the saidisland is moved to a later date,” Panelo said. Apart from his island visit, the President was also invited to the distribution of registered Emancipation Patents (EPs) and Certificate of Land Ownership Awards (CLOAs) facilitated by the Department of Agrarian Reform. MANILA – Due to the increasing numbersof the confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in thecountry, President Rodrigo Duterte decided to move his March 12 visit to theworld-famous Boracay Island in Malay, Aklan to a later date.
By Jim HainesWAYNESBORO, Va. (Sept. 12) – Tom Humphries won the final Fast Friday event of the year at Eastside Speedway to close out the dirt schedule for the Virginia Sprint Series. The IMCA Eagle Motorsports RaceSaver Sprint Car tour win was Humphries’ fourth this season.Chris Ware and Anthony Linkenhoker paced the field to green and Linkenhoker was out first with Brian Lawson and Humpries already on the way by lap one. Humphries was by Lawson on lap three and all over Linkenhoker by lap seven. Humphries saw a gap with the rear of the field coming up and shot through into the lead, then cruised to the win. Linkenhoker, Lawson, Ryan Price and Daren Bolac completed the top five.Saturday’s Shenandoah Speedway date was rained out so the next event will be the final race of the year at Shenandoah on Saturday, Oct. 4.Feature results – 1. Tom Humphries; 2. Anthony Linkenhoker; 3. Brian Lawson; 4. Ryan Price,; 5. Daren Bolac; 6. Jerald Harris; 7. Chris Ware; 8. Charlie Ware; 9. French Grimes; 10. Tony Harris; 11. Chad Worrell; 12. Glenn Worrell; 13. Kevin Fletcher; 14. Eliah Omwake; 15. Mattie Feldman; 16. Troy Severin; 17. Micheal Keeton.
BEATRICE, Neb. – The final checkers of 2016 fly at Beatrice Speedway this Friday and Saturday, Sept. 23 and 24.Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified features are on September Fest programs both nights in $1,500 to win, minimum $125 to start qualifying events for the 2017 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot.IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods race for $500 to win, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks for $300 to win and Mach-1 Sport Compacts for $200 to win each night.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, regional and Allstar Performance State points will be awarded. Tow money is $75 for Modifieds and $50 for Stocks, SportMods and Hobbies.An open practice runs from 6-9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 22. Gates open at 4 p.m., hot laps are at 6 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m. on Friday. Gates open at 3 p.m. on Saturday, with hot laps at 5:30 p.m. and racing at 6:30 p.m.More information about September Fest is available from promoter Toby Kruse at 515 231-5444, the track hotline at 402 228-2264 or the track office at 402 223-3158.
RelatedPosts Super Eagles stars model new national team jersey Super Eagles soar on FIFA ranking FIFA ranking: Nigeria moves up by two spots, now world 29th The Confederation of African Football and Nigeria Football Federation have showered accolades on Super Eagles star, Samuel Chukwueze, as he turned 21 on Friday.Both bodies celebrated the Villarreal FC winger on their Twitter handles with various posts. CAF wrote: “Happy birthday to Samuel Chukwueze who turns 21 today! Party popper.“The young winger was excellent in the 2019 AFCON and was one of the final three nominees for African Youth Player of the Year!”The NFF via its official Twitter handle also wrote: Happy birthday Super Eagles winger, Samuel Chukwueze.“Enjoy your day.”The pacy player, who was a member of the Super Eagles squad to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations hosted in Egypt, scored his first senior goal in Nigeria’s 2-1 win over South Africa in the quarter finals. Chukwueze, valued at $33 million, is compared with Arjen Robben due to his skillset.The AFCON bronze medallist was also ranked as one of the 50 youngsters to watch in world football by UEFA.Tags: Africa Cup of NationsArjen RobbenConfederation of African FootballNigeria Football FederationSamuel ChukwuezeSuper EaglesVillarreal FC
“There are no egos that week, it’s about holding that Ryder Cup trophy,” Poulter told Press Association Sport. “Everybody in this team would have wanted to play five times. “You’re a player, you want to be on the golf course, you don’t want to be rested, but we knew what we had to do and we knew we had a strong enough team to be able to win that trophy. “It’s about winning the Ryder Cup, it isn’t about personal records. “Yes everybody wants to play, but the master plan was to play everybody on the first day, keep as many people fresh as possible, only fatigue a couple of players but those players could take it and therefore we would come out victors at the end of the week.” Poulter had won an incredible 80 per cent of his Ryder Cup matches before Gleneagles, but two halves and one defeat mean that has dropped to 72.22 per cent, with Justin Rose now at 71.42 per cent after three wins and two halves. Rose and world number one Rory McIlroy were the only players on the European team to play all five sessions – Jimmy Walker and Rickie Fowler doing so for the United States – and Poulter believes being able to call on rested players was crucial to the outcome. “That w as one of Paul’s ideas, make sure only a couple of guys are going to go five times,” Poulter added. “That was absolutely critical that he kept guys chomping at the bit to get going.” Poulter suffered his heaviest ever Ryder Cup defeat with a 5&4 loss alongside Stephen Gallacher in the opening fourballs, but almost found it equally painful to be listening to former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson address the team as news came through of Arsenal’s Capital One Cup loss at home to Southampton. “He had a little pop at me,” Poulter added. “He took great enjoyment out of Arsenal losing as he was standing there in front of us. “I was watching the results come through as he was talking and I said to him ‘You know Arsenal lost?’ and he looked at me and started laughing. I’m not going to get any sympathy as an Arsenal fan from Alex Ferguson. “He was great to listen to. He has managed to win some obscene number of trophies, you have to respect people in that situation. “If he isn’t the best manager he’s one of the top three ever. You have to respect that, being an Arsenal fan doesn’t matter. We’re European, this is the Ryder Cup week, Alex Ferguson is speaking, you sit there and listen. Fair play to Paul for bringing him in. “It hasn’t been a good 2014 for me and I’m the first one to say that. I’ve had my niggles but I have a big heart. I wanted to play in this Ryder Cup. It didn’t work out with Stevie on the first day, we couldn’t get it going and it was a real shame. “I made a contribution on Saturday morning which was key, chipping in at the right time (on the 15th hole of a fourball match against Fowler and Walker) when it looked like they were going two up with three to play. “I didn’t have my best but there was still that little bit of sparkle in there and enough to somehow make sure I made a contribution.” The discussion over who will follow in McGinley’s footsteps has already begun, with Lee Westwood unsurprisingly adding his voice to those backing Darren Clarke to be captain at Hazeltine in 2016. World number one Rory McIlroy has already backed Clarke and the former Open champion’s friend and long-time stablemate Westwood agrees. “It’s about the right time in Darren’s career to take up the captaincy,” Westwood said on Sky Sports News. “He is very popular in the United States and I think he would make a good captain.” Press Association Poulter has been a talismanic figure in the biennial contest, earning the nicknames of ‘Mr Ryder Cup’ and the ‘Postman’ because he always delivers a point for the side. The 38-year-old was given a wild card by European captain Paul McGinley and expected to feature prominently once more after winning 11 of his previous 12 matches, but played just twice before the singles. Ian Poulter has revealed how the European team kept their egos in check in pursuit of team glory in the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency is reporting that they have confiscated a small bag of dead birds that was disguised as a bag of cat food.The discovery was made at Dulles International Airport in Virginia Jan. 27th.Officials say the passenger traveling from Beijing to Prince George’s County, Maryland told them that the package was cat food.Investigators said while the package did have pictures of a dog and a cat, when they opened it, they found a bunch of small dead birds.According to the report, the import of birds to the US has been banned in order to prevent the spread of avian flu.
“The state should continually review any sudden unexplained spikes in the number of COVID-19 cases, while factoring in increases in testing and monitor any increases in hospitalizations,” the governor’s plan states. “In extreme situations, the governor may deploy a geographically targeted response in consultation with public health officials.”Palm Beach County Commissioner Hal Valeche, who was among those who pushed to reopen the county, wants to see more detailed metrics. To that end, he has contacted the governor’s chief of staff asking for more guidance to be developed.“Subjective decisions about this aren’t appropriate,” says Valeche. “You need to have an objective measure. We have made too much progress to let this get out of control.”Officials in Miami-Dade and Broward counties say they currently do not have benchmarks to trigger another lockdown, although they continue to track statistics on new cases, testing, hospitalizations and deaths.Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner believes metrics are useful, but does not want to create mandatory triggers that would put the county back into a lockdown.“I am not comfortable with that,” he explains. “We can have the machine run the county then. Ultimately, it is the policymakers that have to authorize it.”Dr. Alonso warns, “I want to make sure if we are not going in the right direction we can put a brake on it before it is too late.” Palm Beach County leaders are reportedly in the process of putting together a response plan in case of a coronavirus case spike, as restaurants and shops get back to business.The county is developing statistical benchmarks that could indicate a resurgence of the virus, thereby potentially leading to a return to restrictions or even another lockdown.Commissioner Melissa McKinlay is surprised the state Department of Health has not created such metrics, despite Palm Beach being the state’s third most-populated county.“It was frightening to learn that something similar does not exist — at least to the knowledge of our public health director — of any such document at the state or federal level,” she explains.Draft benchmarks being developed by county officials would flag a resurgence whenever five-day increases occur with the testing positivity rate, as well as with the COVID-19 death rate and hospital admissions. They also include more subjective measures to consider, such as the availability of testing, contact-tracing capabilities, and social-distancing compliance.The commission plans to review those measures collectively to determine whether there is an actual resurgence at any point.Palm Beach County began allowing restaurant dining rooms and retailers to reopen on May 11 with reduced capacity. Beaches in the county reopened last Monday.Dr. Alina Alonso, director of Palm Beach County’s health department, told commissioners last week that the county is still not testing enough people or ensuring that social distancing is actually occurring in restaurants and other reopened businesses.“We are supposed to be monitoring to assure social distancing is taking place,” Alonso added. “It is not. The way they are doing it now, we could have this triple in a week.”The benchmarks for reopening in Gov. DeSantis’ plan include a downward trend of flu-like and COVID-19-like illnesses; downward trajectory of documented COVID-19 cases or a downward trend of the percentage of tests that are positive; and a capability to treat patients in hospitals and a robust testing program for health care workers.LATEST OPERATIONAL UPDATES FOR PALM BEACH COUNTY. https://t.co/VXJAwn0b08#COVID19PBCUpdate #COVID19PBCSafety #PBCStrong pic.twitter.com/Yd2Yk39JvR— Palm Beach County (@pbcgov) May 23, 2020