All catering facilities in Istria are closing

first_imgSource: N1 / Photo: Pixabay.com The Civil Protection Headquarters of the Istrian County reported that they have decided to further tighten measures, such as closing all catering facilities in the Istrian County, reports N1. They’re closing are all catering facilities, except food delivery and soup kitchen. Smaller food stores, as well as those at gas stations, can be open until 18 p.m. Service activities in which direct contacts are made – hairdressers, pedicurists, etc. also interrupt work until April 14. The recommendation that children stay at home until April 14 remains in force Chief of Staff Dino Kozlevac said that from tomorrow (Sunday, March 15.03) until April 14, shopping centers must adhere to anti-epidemic measures, and this includes limiting the number of people in the centers, in front of the box office must be placed meters and a half away a larger number of cash registers, and all shopping malls can be open until 18 p.m.last_img read more

Queensland first home buyers back in market to take advantage of low rates, government incentives

first_imgQueensland has seen an uptick in the number of first home buyers taking out loans, according to Mortgage Choice.QUEENSLAND has seen an uptick in the number of first home buyers taking out loans, according to a leading mortgage broker. Mortgage Choice’s latest Loan Purpose Report found 21.9 per cent of Queenslanders took out loans to buy their first home in April — up from 1.4 per cent in January.It comes as the clock is ticking for would-be buyers to take advantage of the $20,000 Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant, which expires at midnight on June 30. Mortgage Choice chief executive John Flavell says more first home buyers took out loans in April, 2017.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home5 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor5 hours agoAccording to CoreLogic, the median home value across the combined capital cities rose just 0.1 per cent in April, 0.6 per cent in Brisbane.Mr Flavell said the Queensland government’s decision to boost the First Home Owners Grant to $20,000 was well received by would-be home buyers, but the increased demand might not last.“While interest rates will continue to be relatively low by historical standards, the state government will soon wind back the boosted First Home Owners Grant, which could result in a slight reduction in first home buyer demand,” he said.Despite the uptick in first home loan demand in the first quarter of this year, Mr Flavell said demand generally remained low.“In April 2014, first home buyers made up 17.8 per cent of all loans written through Mortgage Choice,” he said.“Today, that percentage has slumped to just 14 per cent.”Under pressure to address housing affordability, the federal government announced in the budget that it would allow first home buyers to salary sacrifice part of their income into their superannuation account in order to save for a home deposit faster.“While this initiative is great in theory, it is unlikely to have a huge impact,” Mr Flavell said.“At best, a couple who salary sacrifice a portion of their income into their super might be able to scrape together enough money to pay for the stamp duty charged in markets like Sydney.”Follow Liz Tilley on Twitter @liztilley84 FIRST HOMEBUYER LOANS SIGNED IN 2017 National NSW QLD SA VIC WA April 14.0% 5.5% 21.9% 4.2% 17.4% 29.0%January 12.2% 4.6% 20.5% 3.6% 15.4% 15.3%Source: Mortgage Choice The $5000 extension to Queensland’s First Home Owners’ Grant expires June 30, 2017.That’s when the building grant will revert back to its original sum of $15,000.So far, statewide, 4100 people have successfully applied for the grant, totalling $82.5 million.Nationally, there was also an increase in first home buyers getting on the property ladder last month.They accounted for 14 per cent of all loans written by Mortgage Choice in April — up from 12.2 per cent in January.Mortgage Choice CEO John Flavell said low interest rates, stagnating property price growth and first homebuyer incentives had encouraged more potential buyers into the market.last_img read more

Parents’ Time with Kids More Rewarding Than Paid Work — and More Exhausting

first_imgPew Social Trends 8 October 2013There’s no tougher job than being a parent, or so the saying goes. This sentiment seems to be confirmed by a new Pew Research Center analysis of government time use data. Parents find caring for their children to be much more exhausting than the work they do for pay. At the same time, parents find much more meaning in the time they spend with their children than in the time they spend at work.American parents with children under age 18 find 62% of their child-care experiences “very meaningful,” compared with 36% of paid work-related activities. They also rate 12% of child-care activities “very tiring,” compared with 5% of paid work-related activities.These findings are based on an analysis of the new Well-being Module from the American Time Use Survey (ATUS). Launched by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in 2003, the ATUS provides nationally representative estimates of how Americans spend their time. In addition to standard time use questions, the 2010 ATUS included new measures to gauge respondents’ emotional state during various activities. For example, did they feel happy, stressed or tired? How meaningful did they find various activities?When it comes to feeling happy, time with children also beats time at work. Parents on average report that they are “very happy” in 35% of their child-care activities, compared with 19% of their paid work-related activities. In fact, the happiness level that parents experience during their time caring for children is only slightly lower than it is during their leisure time (41% rated as very happy).http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/10/08/parents-time-with-kids-more-rewarding-than-paid-work-and-more-exhausting/last_img read more

Batesville Bulldogs Varsity Football Stats

first_imgThe Batesville Bulldogs Varsity Football Team Stats.Stats are through Week 5.Batesville Bulldogs Football Team Stats 2015Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Eric Heppner.last_img

Oakley Bowling

first_imgOakley Bowling, 88, of Moores Hill passed away Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at Ripley Crossing in Milan.  Oakley was born Sunday, February 8, 1931 in Manchester, KY, the son of Lloyd and Melody (Davidson) Bowling.  He married June Helton June 15, 1961 and she preceded him in death November 13, 1999.  He served his country in the 82nd Airborne Division as an Army paratrooper.  He worked for CHC Steel Fabricating in Cincinnati, OH as a steel fabricator.  He enjoyed fishing, hunting, singing, quad riding, gardening and farming.  He loved his neighbors, family and grandchildren and was an avid UK fan.Oakley is survived by his sons: DeWayne Bowling (Connie Pope) of Moores Hill and Oakley Rick Bowling Jr. (Kaye) of Cincinnati, OH; daughters: Kathleen Bowling (Don Davis) of Greenfield, OH and Dora Jean Reynolds of Covington, KY; 5 grandchildren, many great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild; sisters: Carol McGeorge, Debbie Bowling and Alma Couch.  He was preceded in death by wife June and his parents.A service celebrating his life will be held 10 AM Tuesday, July 16 at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home in Moores Hill with Rev. Henry Taylor officiating.  Burial will follow in Mt. Sinai Cemetery, with full military rites provided by Moores Hill American Legion Post #209.  Family and friends may gather to share and remember him 5 – 7 PM Monday, July 15 also at the funeral home.  Memorials may be given in honor of Oakley to the family.  Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 16717 Manchester Street, Box 156, Moores Hill, IN 47032, (812) 744-3280.  You may go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.last_img read more

Record sackings in English league

first_img The highest previous figure up to the same point in the season was the 36 dismissals in the 2012-13 campaign. The total of 16 dismissals in this season’s Sky Bet Championship was four up on the previous high of 12, also during the 2012-13 season. The LMA says that if the trend continues the previous record of 46 for a full season, set in 2006-07, will be exceeded. The average tenure of the managers dismissed so far this season is 1.24 years. The average tenure of managers in the Championship is a very low 0.74 years. Arsene Wenger was the longest-serving boss, having been in post for 18.51 years by the end of the survey period. Second on the list was Paul Tisdale of Exeter, who had served 8.77 years. A record 40 managers across the top four English divisions had been dismissed by the end of March, according to new research published by the League Managers Association.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Yuzvendra Chahal Insists on Using the Brain More in Red-ball Cricket

first_imgNew Delhi: Rising leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal says “using the brain more” is important while playing red-ball cricket as batsmen tend to attack the bowlers less in the longer format of the game.Chahal, who returned to the longer format after a gap of two years, finished the two-match four-day India A series against South Africa A with four wickets.“It does take a bit of time to adjust because the batsmen don’t have a lot of pressure,” Chahal was quoted as saying by the International Cricket Council (ICC) website, after the second game in Alur.“In ODIs and T20s, if the run rate is high, then the batsman tries to go after you and get out. But in the longer form you need to get them out with your skills.”“You need to use your brain more. So it’s quite different because you need to bowl 30-35 overs here, but only four overs in T20s,” he added.The 28-year-old enjoyed his outing in the white-ball matches against England, but was overlooked by the Indian selectors from the squad for the first three of the ongoing five-Test rubber, where India trail 0-2 after losing the opening two matches.“My experience of England was very good because it was my first tour, but my focus is on this game. If my name doesn’t come, then my mind will be on the Asia Cup. So I’ll shift my focus on that series after this game,” he said.The Virat Kohli-led No.1 Test side failed to put up a fight in the first two matches, but Chahal is hopeful that the visitors will bounce back in the remaining three matches.“The conditions are great for pacers in England, swing is there too. You saw James Anderson reached 550 wickets,” Chahal said.“Batting is always tough there, but, it’s a five-game series. Even if you lose early matches, you have the opportunity to come back in the final three games,” he added. IANSlast_img read more

StarTimes Finetunes Framework for Transmission of Local League Matches

first_imgBy Dele Ogbodo in AbujaThe Managing Director of NTA StarTimes Sports channel, Mr. Maxwell Loko, over the week end said StartTimes is at the tail end of finetuning arrangement for the broadcast of Nigerian league matches through its NTA StarTimes channels platform.He also assured that discussion has reached advanced stage with the league organizers for the broadcast of the Nigerian national league content as part of its bouquet to its audience across different continents.The MD however admitted that management of NTA is not happy over the dominance of foreign contents on its channels at the expense of local and national league competitions.Addressing stakeholders in Abuja at the commencement of the COPA America centenatrio, which kicked off exclusively weekend on the NTA StarTimes digital for its 8 million subscribers,  Loko assured that all teething problems inhibiting the non-broadcast of local league matches will soon be resolved with the league organizers.He said: “We have passionately been pursuing this in the last year details which I cannot say now, but we have not given up and once we are able to overcome these initial challenges that is the basic ore issues we shall call all of you again that StarTimes is going to have this bouquet and will be the proud sponsor of the Nigerian league.“We are always not happy when we come here and talk only on content outside the country however there are a lot of issues but we are not given up and this is even a wakeup call for us so that we get on.”For its over 5 years of digital broadcasting to over 8 million subscribers in Nigeria and 13 other African countries, he said StarTimes has become one of the best global brands with variety of contents.While the COPA competition last, Loko said subscribers of the digital stand the chance of winning marvelous prizes which ranges from N250, 000 and other mouthwatering prizes.He said: StarTimes over the past few years has positioned itself as the home of football with right of important football content. And as the new season commences we look forward to the COPA commences as there are a lot of opportunities that will be of interest to Nigerian football fans.The MD said StarTimes decoder which is presently being sold for N3.999 can be recharged with as low as N1,200, and therefore offers subscribers opportunity to participate in its COPA raffle draws as the competition  till 26th of June.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Cross starts at center back, plays all 90 minutes of Syracuse’s 7th shutout

first_img Published on September 23, 2014 at 11:28 pm Contact Matt: mcschnei@syr.edu | @matt_schneidman Facebook Twitter Google+ VESTAL, N.Y. — It wasn’t Skylar Thomas leading Syracuse’s defense to a nation-leading seventh clean sheet. Nor was it fellow senior Jordan Murrell. The two veterans who regularly claim the spotlight when they’re in on the back line played a supporting role on Tuesday. Head coach Ian McIntyre said he made a move to “freshen up,” and that decision was playing sophomore Louis Cross at center back for all 90 minutes with Thomas on the right and Murrell the left. Cross was steadfast at center back, dealing handily with a bevy of threats that came his way, to help No. 18 Syracuse (7-1, 1-1 Atlantic Coast) keep Binghamton off the scoreboard in a 1-0 win over the Bearcats (2-6) at Bearcats Sports Complex on Tuesday night.“The decision to start Louis is just because we have a lot of faith in him,” McIntyre said. “He’s been outstanding.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textCross has only started every other game this year, and while McIntyre has tended to mix and match with him and Tyler Hilliard and the third defender, performances like his against Binghamton give no reason to keep shuffling him out.“He’s deserved his starting spot back for now,” goalie Alex Bono said. “Louis was terrific filling in.”With just more than seven minutes remaining in the first half, a Binghamton corner kick was mishandled by Bono. He missed punching the ball out of the air just in front of the left post, and Binghamton’s Charlie Novoth headed the ball toward the bottom right corner.But Cross sprawled out, saving the ball of the line and preserving the shutout. “When he started the game here, he played 90 minutes and was solid for every single minute, every single second,” Bono said. “I couldn’t ask for anything more from him.”The Bearcats tried to beat Syracuse’s back line by sending balls over the top. On several occasions, the ball was played over Cross’ head and he was forced to deal with bouncing balls while a Binghamton forward pressured from behind. Each time, he successfully headed the ball back into Bono’s arms to halt the scare. Throughout the match, he repeatedly rose up to win headers and while it’s something Thomas normally does, there was no drop off with the sophomore handling that responsibility.“There were a lot of balls in the air,” Cross said. “The support of Sky and Jordan really helped it. Seven clean sheets now, as a defense you just want to keep that going.”And while it was in doubt at times, the Orange back line was able to pitch yet another scoreless game. With the No. 2 team in the country on deck, SU’s defense will face its toughest test of season. But that’s a manageable for Cross and a unit that proved its worth once again. “Were just focusing on the Virginia game and every clean sheet we get we just build more confidence,” Cross said. “There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be confident.” Commentslast_img read more

Griff Graves named SU track and field assistant coach

first_imgSyracuse alumnus Griff Graves has been hired as an assistant coach in the SU cross country and track and field programs, SU Athletics announced in a release Tuesday. Graves received his graduate degree from SU in 2013.“I really want to thank the Syracuse athletics administration and Coach Bell for bringing me back to Syracuse,” Graves said in the release. “I am very blessed to be able to work at my alma mater. I have a visceral passion for what we have built here, and will continue to build under Coach Bell. We want to be great. I hope I can continue to support the development of excellence in our student-athletes — the same excellence that was instilled in me.”The release states Graves will assist new head coach Brien Bell with recruiting and developing distance runners. It also announces that his wife, Cassie Graves, another SU running alum, will assist the Orange as a volunteer assistant.Graves spent the past year as an operation assistant for the Florida State cross country and track and field programs. He served as a volunteer assistant coach at Appalachian State the year prior. Graves ran professionally for ZAP Fitness/Reebok for two years after graduating from SU.In his time running for Syracuse, Graves was part of three conference championships in cross country and helping the Orange achieve their first top-10 finish at the national championship since 1957, which they did in 2013.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Published on October 2, 2018 at 4:20 pm Contact Billy: wmheyen@syr.edu | @Wheyen3center_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more